We didn't make any of these up... seriously. People really ask them. All the time. Yes. If you have a question that is not addressed here, please visit our contact page and ask your question.
Click on a question and you'll be instantly/magically teleported to the answer! Wow technology LOLZ
Shows and Touring
- Come to my town/city/country to play a show!
First, check the tour section to see if we're coming to your area. Trust me on this, many people ask and don't even know we're coming to their town! Getting us to make a stop through your area isn't a simple process; we need a venue to play at that has a sufficient sound system, a stage to play on, promotion to get people to the show, possible opening acts, time to book a tour, and so forth. If you know of a venue in your area that can accomodate Psychostick along with contact information for the venue, send this information to us and we'll do our best to work the stop into our next tour.
- Where can I get tickets to your shows?
- Can you guys play my backyard? Birthday party? Bah-mitzvah? Wedding? Event? Charity? Toga Party? Party?
I'm gonna go ahead and break your heart. No, we can't. There's a billion reasons why, but to simplify things, it's a clusterfuck to organize something like that on our end.
We've got band guys scattered across the country. To make a show happen we have to fly everyone in, rehearse, drive to the show, play the show, drive back, and fly everyone home. VERY costly and time consuming. Plus you'd have to provide a PA, sound permit, stage, and accommodations for Psychostick.
- Can my band open for you guys at a show you've got booked?
Most promoters and venues do need opening acts for our shows. Try contacting the venue in order to get on the bill. You'll probably have to sell tickets though!
- Can we use one of your songs in a video/podcast?
- You guys should get serious and write real music.
- Is there new material in the works, like a new album or something?
We're almost ALWAYS writing something new. After we finish recording a new record we tend to have at least half of the next one conceptualized or written already. Wow!
- Who thought of the name "Psychostick"?
- How do you pronounce, "Psychostick?"
Once upon a time, a horrendous demo was released by Psychostick called, "Don't Bitch it's Free!" On that demo, somewhere in a skit or something, we pronounced our band name, "Psy-caw-stick." It was a total fluke and became a very small topic of debate in the Phoenix local scene. However, we retract it's prior pronunciation and now officially announce that it's pronounced EXACTLY as it reads. "Psycho" and "stick". Wow!
- What bands have a similar sound to Psychostick?
Our influences range from Primus to Crowbar to doughnuts. It's complicated!
- Is Psychostick signed to a record label? If not, will they if the opportunity arises?
Rock Ridge Music currently handles our distribution.
- I have a burned copy of your CD that I got from a friend, or I found the mp3s online somewhere. Is that alright with you guys?
- Why is Rawrb so awesome?
Because the power of the universe is in the palm of his hand.
- How come you guys never play "The Dumb Song" live?
This track is not technically a Psychostick song. Yes, it was created by the same masterminds that brought you all your other alcoholic anthems, but this partiular one is a little different. Josh wrote and recorded all the music for it (including midi drums) and he and our good friend Murph did all the vocals for it. Pretty dumb huh?
- I think you should start playing the Dumb Song because I'm really confused about it not being your song!
Sorry, I (Rawrb) ain't no Murph.
- Can I get guitar and/or bass tabs for the songs?
Josh is currently working on tabs for WCTOAT and Sandwich.
- Hey, where are your lyrics to your songs?!
- Can we find your music on Limewire? Bittorrent?
Nope. Try searching for Psychostick, you'll get nothing!
- I need XXL or (insert size here) for my shirt! Will you have that?
We try to have up to 5XL for most shirts. If we don't, we're working on restocking.
- Can I get a copy of your previous demos?
Heh, trust me - you don't want them. Some of you might think, "I want them to just have them because blah blah blah OMG!" If you get crafty enough, you might be able to find "Die... a Lot!" You'll most likely never find "Don't Bitch it's Free" though. We "pressed" only about 200 of those. Heh.
- Where's the Psychostick frisbees? Cup holders? Stove tops?
- I don't live in the United States, and I want to buy a CD and/or some other merch! How do I do this?
- Can I have a free shirt/CD/etc?
"We Couldn't Think of a Title" Album
- When can I get a copy of Psychostick's album known as, "We Couldn't Think of a Title?"
- I don't know if I want the stupid album. I want a stupid sampler or something before I make this stupid investment.
- What about Good Morning?
It just kinda happened. Like missing socks.
- What is "Throwin' Down" all about?
It's about Rawrb's first relationship that tanked partially due to what you hear in the song. The rest you can just imagine. HAR HAR
- WTF is "Pluh," and uh... just, WTF?
- The song, "BEER", must have significance, right?
Oh, how wrong you... aren't? BEER is really about how dumb people get when they consume more beer. But hey, that's the whole point, right? NO!
- What's that "Death Burger" stuff? I mean, is that real?
Yep. Josh, Alex, and some buddies went out to random drive thru places and demanded a Death Burger.
- Does Psychostick actually GET chicks like the song indicates?
We like to think so, although in the metal/hardcore genre you're stuck with angry, hairy guys. Too bad we're not gay.
- Two Ton Paperweight - it's about a car? Or something?
Yeah, mostly about Joshy's old piece of shit Mercury Cougar that would break down every 5 miles or so. It haunted him all the way through high school, and some of college. His Dad now owns it.
- What's "Fake My Own Death and Go Platinum" about?
It pokes fun at how some artists get extra famous from dying.
Yes, Alex has eaten Hot Dogs with Apricot jelly.
- Why does your CD say, "DO NOT EAT" on it?
Because you're not supposed to eat it, Captain Moldy Brain Mass.
- I gotta know more about Prozak Milkshake. What's with the name? What's the song really about?
The name "Prozak Milkshake" was randomly thought of by RAWRB! Since the song is about being overly sad and down, the name just kinda seemed to fit perfectly!
The song just pokes fun of the overly sad, "WAAAH" songs out there.
- Explain Largiloquent Dithyramb.
The name's meaning must be discovered on your own. It's just a happy fun instrumental song!
- Who's playing Trumpet?
Joshy. He played Trumpet in High School. Fun!
- How did Josh get that guitar tone?
MOST OF THE ALBUM:Line 6 POD (1.0)
6 layered tracks total-
1: Line 6 "Insane" channel, panned right.
2: Line 6 "Insane" channel, panned left.
3: DOD Death Metal Distortion pedal into "clean" channel on POD, panned right.
4: DOD Death Metal Distortion pedal into "clean" channel on POD, panned left.
5: Metal Zone pedal into "clean" channel on POD, panned right.
6: Metal Zone pedal into "clean" channel on POD, panned left.Jagermeister Love Song
4 layered tracks-
1: Peavey 6505+ into Bogner Uberkab (miced vintage 30 w/ a SM57), panned right.
2: Peavey 6505+ into Bogner Uberkab (miced vintage 30 w/ a SM57), panned left.
3: Bogner Uberschall into Bogner Uberkab (miced vintage 30 w/ SM57), panned right.
4: Bogner Uberschall into Bogner Uberkab (miced vintage 30 w/ SM57), panned left.ABCDEath
4 layered tracks. Randall Warhead into Ampeg guitar cab miced with mics I don't remember. I was experimenting at the time.
"The Flesh Eating Rollerskate Holiday Joyride" EP
- What is that awful noise I heard on "Doom To The World"?
- When is the Holiday CD out in stores?
It's out NOW.
- How did Josh get that guitar tone?
4 layers of guitars-
1: Peavey 6505+ into custom Avatar cab w/ V30s and greenbacks. SM57 on the greenback, MD421 on the V30. Panned right.
2: " "... panned left.
3: Peavey XXX "crunch" channel into custom Avatar cab w/ V30s and greenbacks. SM57 on the greenback, MD421 on the V30. Panned right.
4: " "... panned left.
- What about the bass tone?
Mike was playing through a custom Traben bass with Aguilar pickups into an Aguilar head going through an Eden 4x10 cab. 3 mics on the cab, a Sennheiser 421 for the his, an SM57 for the mids, and an AKG D112 for the lows.
- Why is the last track on the CD cut off?
We filled up the CD. Completely so we RAN OUT OF CD SPACE! Get it?
- Did Jimmy get those 4000 tacos?
- When will "Sandwich" be released?!
- What songs will be on "Sandwich"?
01. Metal? 02. Caffeine 03. Shower 04. A Lesson in Modesty 05. P is the Best Letter 06. Minimum Rage 07. Don't Eat My Food 08. The Hunger Within 09. Grocery Escape Plan 10. Too Many Food 11. This is not a Song, it's a Sandwich 12. Girl Directions 13. Orange 14. Beer, Part 2 15. Do you want a Taco? 16. An Attempt at Something Serious 17. Number 1 Radio $ingle 18. Vah-jay-jay 19. Die... a LOT! 20. You've Got Mail Enhancement 21. Passive Vengeance 22. 373 Thank Yous 23. Outtakes 24. We Ran Out of CD Space
- Why the name, "Sandwich?"
Why the fuck not?! HJAR HAR AHRARHAR
- Will Sandwich be way better than your previous CDs?
We don't like to think of anything we do as "better" or whatever, but YES, Sandwich will eat our other CDs like a... SANDWICH!
- How did they get that guitar tone?
6 layers of guitars.These tones:
A: ENGL 530 preamp >> VHT 50/2/50 >> Avatar custom cab w/ V30s and Greenbacks >> Greenback miced w/ SM57 + V30 miced w/ MD421.
B: Ibanez Tubescreamer >> VHT GP3 preamp >> VHT 50/2/50 >> VHT Fatbottom cab miced w/ SM57 + Marshall w/ 75s miced w/ SM57.... in this configuration:
-Jake, panned right: A B A
-Josh, panned left: B A B
- Do you have a street team? If so, can I join? I just want to help promote you guys!
- Okay, I think your mascot is a stick that is pretty psycho. I also think that's a lame graphical pun.
Yes. Yes it is lame. That's why we love it.
- What's the deal with the band guy names?
"Rawrb" was an invention of his good buddy Murph. Josh just comes up with his 34 different names. Shmalex, I believe, came from a band he was in called "The S-Stuttering Cowboys." Matty J, well he is just the Matty J!
- How did you guys get on XM radio?
Evil Jay from Otep. We finally found that out. Jeebuz we love that guy - we're probably gonna have his babies.
- What is Josh's live rig?